*Next section begins Tuesday, May 10th at 7pm. Classes will meet Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7-8pm through June 16th.*
Barbell Basics is the perfect class beginners to weight training. Just as the name says, you’ll learn the basics of training with the barbell. No maxing out, no pressure to do more than you’re comfortable with. Just learning to train from the best.
Who it is for
If you are new to resistance training or exercise in general, this is the class for you!
How it works
Barbell Basics is a 2x per week, 6-week course designed to teach you how to get started in the weight room. Classes start approximately every 6 weeks, so if you miss the start, you’ll have another chance before long.
This 6-week course will teach you:
- Basic movement, mobility and bracing for major barbell exercises like squats, deadlifts, and pressing movements.
- How to properly structure your workouts for maximum efficacy and safety
- How to progress exercises over time for consistent results
- How to adjust your sets, repetitions, and weights to meet your goals
What you get
Your Barbell Basics membership comes with:
- 2 weekly classes for 6 weeks
- Complimentary BodPod assessment (find out how much muscle mass you have, a $50 value!)
- Complimentary access to our nutrition app during the class
- A complimentary discovery call with Layne Performance registered dietitian
- Free monthly technique clinics (see Events schedule).
After finishing Barbell Basics, most of our students continue with Barbell Strength.
Classes are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7-8pm starting on Tuesday, May 10th, 2022.